Four new leaders of committees within IAB Australia – the industry body for the internet – have been appointed.
News Corporation Australia’s head of audience insights, Heather White, will lead the measurement group.
An IAB statement said their elections were designed to enhance the organisation’s ability to respond to member concerns, which is a key goal of new chief executive Vijay Solanki.
IAB held a so-called “council refresh” last week, at which the following appointments were made:
- Technology Council – Ben Sharp, managing director ANZ, AdRoll;
- Video Council – Suzie Cardwell, digital partnerships and product development director, MCN;
- Mobile Council — Rick Knott, regional director APAC, Celtra; and
- Measurement Council — Heather White, head of audience insights, News Corp Australia.
They join existing IAB Council chairs:
- Standards & Guidelines — Jon Moffat, commercial digital operations director, Fairfax Media; and
- Audio Council — Rick Gleave, director business development & partnerships, Pandora.
IAB said the event was the first time all councils had met to discuss their various plans.
More than 50 attendees came from members such as Fairfax Media, News Corp Australia, Google, Telstra, Group M, Yahoo7, AOL, MCN, TubeMogul, Brightcove and AdRoll.
Mr Solanki said: “The IAB digital councils are the lifeblood of IAB Australia’s activity and it is critical for our future effectiveness that we work collaboratively to produce valuable policy and initiatives that take our industry forward.
“It was fantastic to see the energy and renewed focus that we need. I’m looking forward to sharing the refreshed council’s strategic roadmaps over the coming months.”