NewsMediaWorks’ INFORM News Media Summit will feature an expanded CEO Panel with media executives from news publishing, television and radio discussing the opportunities and issues that lie ahead and the vital role of quality journalism in all its forms.
The panel will feature News Corp Australasia executive chairman and NewsMediaWorks chairman Michael Miller, Fairfax Media CEO Greg Hywood, Network Ten chief executive officer Paul Anderson, Macquarie Media chief operating officer Adam Lang and Australian News Channel chief executive officer Angelos Frangopoulos.
The panel will be moderated by Paul Murray, award winning broadcaster and host of Paul Murray Live on Sky News.
For the first time the event is open to non-members of NewsMediaWorks. INFORM will be held on Wednesday 6th September at Sydney’s International Convention Centre. For further information and to register visit informsummit.com.
Joining keynote speaker Rachel Botsman, acclaimed author and global authority on the new era of trust, will be speakers including:
- Mark Ritson, controversial columnist and Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Melbourne Business School and a Visiting Professor at Singapore Management University
- Earl Wilkinson, Executive Director and CEO of the International News Media Association
- Nicole Sheffield, Chief Digital Officer of News Corp Australia
- Chris Janz, Managing Director of Australian Metro Publishing, Fairfax Media
- Jacek Utko, one of the most awarded news media designers who has won more than 50 international design awards including four projects named ‘World’s Best Designed Newspaper’
- Sumaiya Omar, social media consultant and founder of social video company HashtagOurStories.
The new scope of INFORM, previously known as the Future Forum, will feature discussion and participation from the wider news media sector incorporating print, digital, radio and television.
NewsMediaWorks’ annual Newspaper of the Year Awards, sponsored by Norske Skog, and the Advertising and Marketing Awards continue as part of the event line-up, with the coveted Newspaper of the Year awards gala dinner held at the conclusion of the Summit.