Geoff Booth to finish up at News after 37 years

Geoff Booth to finish up at News after 37 yearsGeoff Booth. Photo: LinkedIn

News Corp Australia veteran Geoff Booth will leave his role as managing director of operations after 37 years with the company.

Mr Booth previously held the positions of national director of production and logistics and general manager Nationwide News. He was also had executive roles at The New York Post, and the Herald and The Weekly Times. Mr Booth will continue as a consultant for the company.

He will be joined by national director of pre-media Bruce Harvey, who has been with the company 20 years, and Mark Whitby, national logistics specialist, who has been with News for 13 years. General manager of logistics and support Marc Bouza also will be departing.

In a statement to staff, News Corp Australia executive chairman Michael Miller said: “The changes above herald a changing of the guard within our production, logistics and circulation leadership teams with a new structure and associated new responsibilities. My sincere thanks to Geoff, Bruce, Mark and Marc for their leadership, professionalism and commitment.”

A spokesperson for News said the moves in no way reflected a change of direction in the company’s print business.

Marcus Hooke will fulfil Mr Booth’s responsibilities in the newly created role of executive general manager, production and logistics. He is currently the national director of production.

General manager of logistics will be filled by Scott Rowlings, while Rebecca English becomes general manager, pre-media.

Mr Harvey, Mr Whitby and Mr Bouza will stay with the company until June 30 to assist with the transition.

For more news from NewsMediaWorks, click here.

Leave a comment