To shift the perceptions of consumers who believed that the previous Ford G Series’ model was lacking perceived relevance to them. The campaign needed to ‘shock’ the target market into reconsidering the Ford G Series ahead of other makes and models.
The agency and the publisher created a campaign that met Ford’s needs, with the execution featuring in the first half of the newspaper across difference metropolitan cities in Australia.
These were the results recorded from a Herald Sun online reader panel May 2008.
- 55% of respondents recall seeing the Ford G Series advertisement (unbranded) only five days after the launch.
- 61% of all men and 49% of all women recognised the Ford G Series ad
- 43% of all men Noticed the ad was for Ford G Series
Shifting consumer perceptions
- 9% of respondents who saw the Ford g Series ad claimed ‘My perception of Ford has changed and I would consider the Ford G Series before my next purchase’.
- As a percentage of core readership this represents a shift in mindset for over 53,000 Victorians as a result of this execution.
“Attracted attention because it covered three pages of the newspaper and was like a wrap around”. Male, 58
“It was a different way to advertise a new Ford car range”.Male, 44
“It was really eye-catching and made me pay attention to what the ad was about. I liked the way it continued across the 2 inside covers as well as into the extra page inside the back of the paper”. Female, 57