- Flight Centre’s newspaper ad tests very well against retail metrics, and as a ‘bonus’, delivers highs scores for Affinity and Extension.
- The ad delivers a lot of content and is recognised as ‘cluttered’ but this does not affect its performance negatively.
- The communication is most likely to send people to the web for more information, which is an additional step in the consumer’s path to purchase than in pre-internet times (where they would’ve gone in-store or phoned to find out more).
- It would be interesting to know how Flight Centre measures where their incoming Web traffic comes from, or any lag as to inquiries in store or over the phone as a result of advertising.
- Message comprehension outtakes strongly support Flight Centre’s long time positioning of delivering cheap flights and holiday deals.
Download full results of Flight Centre March 2011 Creative Benchmarking research below.