Applications have opened for this year’s first Copy School, sponsored by NewsMediaWorks, to be held in Melbourne with another world-class line-up of guest creative tutors.
Copy School is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all media channels and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative directors and copywriters, as well as news media editors, to pass on their knowledge and experience.
Copy School, to be held in Melbourne from Monday 8th to Friday 12th May, is seeking young copywriters or aspiring copywriters to attend the workshop series.
Richards Rose Senior Copywriter, Mark Sharman, will host some of the industry’s best senior creative talent and a former executive newspaper editor, who will donate their time to be guest tutors at the Melbourne Copy School including:
- Ted Horton, Chief Creative Officer, Big Red, Melbourne
- Nigel Dawson, Creative Partner, Three Wise Men
- Elle Bullen, Creative Director/Partner, SDWM
- Paul Taylor, Executive Creative Director, M&C Saatchi Melbourne
- Sarah McGregor, Head of Copy, Leo Burnett
- Jill Baker, Former Executive Editor – Sundays, News Corp.
- Doogie Chapman, Creative Director, Cummins & Partners
- Ron Mather, Director, It’s the Thought that Counts
- Mark Sharman, Senior Copywriter, Richards Rose
- Chris Taylor, Creative Director, Aadvertising
Copy School will provide participants with a real world brief that will be presented and critiqued on the final morning of the course.
Copy School will donate the fully tax deductible fee to Frontyard Youth Services, which is run by Melbourne City Mission.