The next Copy School workshop will run from 18th to 22nd April in Melbourne.
The workshop fee is just $250 per student. Copy School will donate fees to Frontyard Youth Services, which is run by Melbourne City Mission. The course fee is fully tax deductible.
Copy School is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all advertising media and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative writers and creative directors to pass on their knowledge and experience.
Some of the industry’s most respected creative and a senior newspaper editor will be guest tutors including:
- Paul Taylor, Executive Creative Director, M&C Saatchi Melbourne
- Nigel Dawson, Creative Partner, Three Wise Men
- Evan Roberts, Creative Director, Clemenger BBDO
- Sarah McGregor, Head of Copy, Leo Burnett
- Jill Baker, Executive Editor – Sundays, HWT, News Corp Australia
- Ron Mather, Director, It’s the Thought that Counts
- Gawen Rudder, Founder, The Knowledge Consultancy
- Ted Horton, Chief Creative Officer, Big Red.
- Doogie Chapman, Creative Director, Cummins & Partners
This courses aims to educate and inspire young copywriters, providing real-world experience from some of the outstanding professionals in the media sector.
It will look at copywriting from the perspective of all media – print, radio, TV and digital platforms.
Course content will focus on:
- How to take a brief
- Articulating a value proposition
- Establishing narrative structures appropriate for the medium
- How to deliver audience-specific messages
- Storytelling that is consistent with a brand, and on campaign message
- Developing a style, consistently and concisely
- Writing great headlines
- Best practice editing
- Presenting work to colleagues and clients
- Taking Feedback and Rewriting
Participants will experience a highly interactive environment.
On Day 1, they will be given a brief that must be delivered on the final morning of the course. It will be critiqued and discussed by the lecturers and the group.
Lecturers will provide real-world experience in the fields of copywriting and storytelling for
- Digital Media Platforms
- Social Media
- Direct Electronic Mail
Copy School Melbourne 2016 is FULL – to join the waitlist, please contact Kylie Hannah on 02 9692 6300, or email email@example.com
More About Copy School
Copy School is unique. All workshops are run by practising copywriters and creative directors so you benefit from a real-world, hands-on approach.
The lecturers are successful because they understand the commercial realities, developing great working relationships with clients on behalf of their agencies. They will share different disciplines and open up a colour landscape for the young or aspiring copywriter.
Copy School does not apply a single philosophy or approach to the craft of copywriting.
Your class is small in number for a reason – tutors will have the time to engage with you in a one-on-one conversations, and there are no lofty talks delivered from behind a lectern.
Your fellow students will come from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances – Copy School does not pre-judge individuals but seeks passion from each student.
There are only participants at Copy School, not passengers. At least one assignment will be given, to be completed and presented at the end of the week-long experience.
Copy School has been encouraging young writers for more than 10 years.