Young copywriters are invited to take part in the next session of Copy School – the body that champions quality copy in advertising.
This is a rare opportunity for young copywriters, who are employed in Creative and Media agencies, or aspire to a career in the sector, to take part in five half-day workshops designed to inspire and increase skills.
Discover new approaches and learn great tips on the craft of copywriting from the best in the business.
Guest tutors include big creative and media agency names:
- Nigel Dawson – Three Wise Men
- Ruth Lamberd – Herald Sun/Sunday Herald Sun
- Paul Taylor – M&C Saatchi, Melbourne
- Ant Keogh – Clemenger BBDO
- Doogie Chapman – Cummins & Partner
- Paul Reardon – Whybin TBWA
- Ron Mather – It’s the Thought That Counts
- Jim Ingram – Cummins & Partners
- Ted Horton – Big Red Melbourne
Workshops will be run from May 18-22 from 9am-12pm at the offices of The Age in Melbourne.
This courses aims to educate and inspire young copywriters, providing real-world experience from some of the outstanding professionals in the media sector.
It will look at copywriting from the perspective of all media – print, radio, TV and digital platforms.
Course content will focus on:
- How to take a brief
- Articulating a value proposition
- Establishing narrative structures appropriate for the medium
- How to deliver audience-specific messages
- Storytelling that is consistent with a brand, and on campaign message
- Developing a style, consistently and concisely
- Writing great headlines
- Best practice editing
- Presenting work to colleagues and clients
- Taking Feedback and Rewriting
Participants will experience a highly interactive environment.
On Day 1, they will be given a brief that must be delivered on the final morning of the course. It will be critiqued and discussed by the lecturers and the group.
Lecturers will provide real-world experience in the fields of copywriting and storytelling for
- Digital Media Platforms
- Social Media
- Direct Electronic Mail
The fee for the entire week is just $250 – and we will donate these funds to Frontyard Youth Services, which is run by Melbourne City Mission. (This fee is tax deductible).
If there is a young copywriter in your agency who has a passion to be a future leader in their field, the next Copy School workshops offer the perfect foundation.
Numbers are limited to 20.
To reserve your place, call Kylie Hannah on 02 9692 6300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org