The next Copy School workshop will run from 19th to 23rd October from 9am to 12pm in Pyrmont, Sydney.
The $250 fee is tax deductable for students and is donated entirely to the Salvation Army.
Copy School engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative writers and creative
directors to pass on their knowledge and experience to young copywriters.
The 2015 Copy School speakers are:
- Jonathan Kneebone, Writer / Director & Co-Founder, The Glue Society
- Will Swanton, Journalist, News Corp
- Mark Sharman, Creative Consultant
- Julian Schrieber, Executive Creative Director / Partner, Cummins and Partners
- Rowan Dean, Editor, The Spectator Australia, and Columnist Financial Review &
- David Morris, Creative Consultant
- Rebecca Currasco, Creative Consultant
- Ted Horton, Founder and Chairman, Big Red
- Ralph van Dijk, Founding Creative Director, Eardrum
This courses aims to educate and inspire young copywriters, providing real-world experience from some of the outstanding professionals in the media sector.
It will look at copywriting from the perspective of all media – print, radio, TV and digital platforms.
Course content will focus on:
- How to take a brief
- Articulating a value proposition
- Establishing narrative structures appropriate for the medium
- How to deliver audience-specific messages
- Storytelling that is consistent with a brand, and on campaign message
- Developing a style, consistently and concisely
- Writing great headlines
- Best practice editing
- Presenting work to colleagues and clients
- Taking Feedback and Rewriting
Participants will experience a highly interactive environment.
On Day 1, they will be given a brief that must be delivered on the final morning of the course. It will be critiqued and discussed by the lecturers and the group.
Lecturers will provide real-world experience in the fields of copywriting and storytelling for
- Digital Media Platforms
- Social Media
- Direct Electronic Mail
To reserve your place, or for further information, call Kylie Hannah on 02 9692 6300, or email email@example.com
Places are strictly limited.
For more on 2015 Copy School, click here.
More About Copy School
Copy School is unique. All workshops are run by practising copywriters and creative directors so you benefit from a real-world, hands-on approach.
The lecturers are successful because they understand the commercial realities, developing great working relationships with clients on behalf of their agencies. They will share different disciplines and open up a colour landscape for the young or aspiring copywriter.
Copy School does not apply a single philosophy or approach to the craft of copywriting.
Your class is small in number for a reason – tutors will have the time to engage with you in a one-on-one conversations, and there are no lofty talks delivered from behind a lectern.
Your fellow students will come from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances – Copy School does not pre-judge individuals but seeks passion from each student.
There are only participants at Copy School, not passengers. At least one assignment will be given, to be completed and presented at the end of the week-long experience.
Copy School has been encouraging young writers for more than 10 years.