The Future Forum is a two day annual event and is the largest news publisher industry conference of its kind in the Asia Pacific region. In 2014, over 1500 delegates attended the Future Forum at The Ivy & Establishment Sydney.
The 2014 Future Forum theme “Get Closer” delivered actionable insights from influential thought leaders and valuable training through master classes over the 2 day agenda.
Click through to photo galleries:
- The Hon. Malcom Turnbull MP, Minister for Communication opening the Forum declaring that Australian publishers are ahead of the curve
- A lively industry panel discussion with Australia’s four leading publisher CEOs, hosted by Russel Howcroft, Executive General Manager of Network Ten
- A stellar line-up of global and local industry leaders who shared their views on the future of news publishing, including speakers from The News York Times, Axel Springer, Twitter, Storyful and more. View speaker presentations here.
- High engagement and interaction on the social media circuit with the Future Forum live blog powered by AAP, Twitter and LinkedIn, with #futureforum trending no. 1 over the two days.
- And fun Facebook interaction with albums highlighting the Future Forum Day 1 and Day 2; in addition to 2014 Newspaper of the Year Awards Gala Dinner and 2014 Advertising & Marketing Awards Cocktail Party
View the full 2014 Future Forum program
2014 Future Forum speakers included:
THE HON. MALCOM TURNBULL MP
Minister for Communications
With vast & impressive experience in publishing, digital start-ups & much more, Mr Turnbull discussed the future of the media, its shifting power & what this all means for societies around the world.
Senior Vice President & Chief Consumer Officer of The New York Times USA
Yasmin Namini, Senior Vice President & Chief Consumer Officer of The New York Times delivered cutting edge insights into paid content.
Managing Director Content Management, Axel Springer Germany
Europe’s largest newspaper company Axel Springer, provided a closer look at advertising, content, audiences, human resources and trends. Axel Springer’s ability and determination to innovate and seek out new markets inspires!
Director – Media Partnerships, Twitter Australia
Danny is responsible for forging partnerships in TV, music, sports, government and journalism. Prior to joining Twitter, Danny was a producer for 60 Minutes and he produced SportsCenter, the flagship sports news program on ESPN.
Mark harnessed the power of social media and the competitive advantages you can gain from using it for news-gathering purposes, as well as a platform for growing your readership base.
President, Joe Zeff Designs
Inspiration was in the Future Forum room with Joe showcasing some of his best iPad apps ever created. From a designer who left print and became a visionary for mobile content design and structure, he created an iTunes “Hall of Fame” app with another three in the Top 10 downloads for media and education.
Managing Partner, The Hallway
The advertising sector is changing as fast as publishing. Jules Hall with Mat Baxter & Peter Miller, of Adstream, discussed what this means for great advertising creative & the commercial future of media
MARTHA L. STONE
CEO, World Newsmedia Network
As a leader in global industry practice in the management of Big Data Learn, Marth Stone discussed how the top news publishing companies around the world are using data to grow their audiences.
CEO, UM Australia
With Jules Hall & Peter Miller, Mat discussed the lightning changes challenging media buyers, & how the newspaper industry must better position itself for revenue growth in print & digital.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE FORUM
Russel Howcroft, Executive General Manager, Network TEN
was the host for the audience Q&A with our industry’s top chief executives:
Julian Clarke, News Corp Australia
Greg Hywood, Fairfax Media
Michael Miller, APN News and Media
and Chris Wharton, West Australian Newspapers