Domain split approved by Fairfax shareholders

Domain split approved by Fairfax shareholders

Fairfax Media shareholders have voted in favour of the partial float and separate listing of real estate listings business Domain at the company’s annual general meeting yesterday.

The motion received an almost unanimous vote, with 99.89 per cent supporting the move.

The publishing company will retain 60 per cent of Domain, with the remaining 40 percent to be shared among Fairfax’s existing shareholders.

Domain, under the leadership of chief executive Antony Catalano, will begin trading on the Australian Securities Exchange on November 16.