Applications have opened for this year’s second Copy School in Sydney, sponsored by NewsMediaWorks, with another world-class line-up of guest creative tutors.
Copy School is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all media channels and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative directors and copywriters, as well as news media editors, to pass on their knowledge and experience.
Copy School, to be held in Sydney from Monday 27th November to Friday 1st December, is seeking young copywriters or aspiring copywriters to attend the workshop series.
The Convenor of this Copy School is Phillip Putnam who will host some of the industry’s best senior creative talent and a senior newspaper editor. All tutors donate their time to be at the Sydney Copy School including:
• Ted Horton – Chief Creative Officer – Big Red, Melbourne
• Ralph van Dijk, Founder – Eardrum
• Jonathan Kneebone – Founder/Writer & Project Director – The Glue Factory
• Ben Sampson, Creative Director – The Monkeys
• Rebecca Currasco, Creative – Consultant
• Tim Brown, Creative Partner – Disciple
• Rob Morrison, Creative Director, Ogilvy, Sydney
• Alexandra Smith, Education Editor, The Sydney Morning Herald
• Roseanna Donovan, Creative – Consultant
Copy School will provide participants with a real world brief that will be presented and critiqued on the final morning of the course.
It will look at copywriting from the perspective of all media – print, radio, TV and digital platforms.
Course content will focus on:
- How to take a brief
- Articulating a value proposition
- Establishing narrative structures appropriate for the medium
- How to deliver audience-specific messages
- Storytelling that is consistent with a brand, and on campaign message
- Developing a style, consistently and concisely
- Writing great headlines
- Best practice editing
- Presenting work to colleagues and clients
- Taking Feedback and Rewriting
Participants will experience a highly interactive environment.
On Day 1, they will be given a brief that must be delivered on the final morning of the course. It will be critiqued and discussed by the lecturers and the group.
Lecturers will provide real-world experience in the fields of copywriting and storytelling for
- Digital Media Platforms
- Social Media
- Direct Electronic Mail
The workshop fee is just $250 per student. Copy School will donate the fully tax deductible fee to The Oasis Centre, Salvation Army.
CopySchool Sydney will be held at Fairfax Media at 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont.
“Sydney Copy School continues to be a great success, due in no small part to the commitment and generosity of our tutors. Copy School is focused on how to creative great, effective advertising for brands and has attracted a range of students from junior writers at agencies to marketers themselves,” Copy School Convenor Ray Black said.
For further information visit or contact Kylie Hannah on 0404 000 664 or email@example.com.